Headerff

Headerff

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Resident Evil: Retribution

Resident Evil: Retribution
4 out of 10


Less truly is more with the Resident Evil franchise, it’s fifth installment, Retribution, featuring the thinnest plot yet but somehow still managing to top its predecessors solely thanks to further improved visuals. A true “video game movie” at heart, Resident Evil: Retribution is nothing more than Alice fighting her way through various environments and set pieces, every action sequence just barely propelling the “plot” forward. There are no major developments in the fight against Umbrella, mostly just white rooms, wire tricks, and female objectification. Despite the film’s infuriating emptiness, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy some of the hyper-stylized action sequences or the polished environments. Nevertheless, I can really only recommend this to 11-year-old boys because if I had seen this movie at that age, I am ashamed to say I would think it “so frickin’ awesome”. If you’re not an 11-year-old boy, you have my permission to skip it.




No comments:

Post a Comment